Managing cookies in Firefox is a fairly simple and fast process. Everyone has the option of approving or rejecting them, as well as deleting them from the history. Therefore, if you want to know more about the subject, stay here and discover how these files work and the steps you must follow to manage them.
What are cookies?
It should be noted that all browsers save these files differently. In Firefox, these are stored in the same folder, which is located in the “profile” option.
Cookies are responsible for collecting all kinds of information. For example, when you choose a specific language for a page, when you enter again Firefox will send all the stored data so that you do not translate the texts once more.
Likewise, they are in charge of filing all the personal data that you have entered on the internet platforms, such as: email, telephone number, names, surnames, address and others. Many times you cannot know which pages store information, therefore, you have the option to handle them and decide if you want to approve or reject them.
Handling cookies in Firefox
To manage cookies in Firefox you need to carry out a series of steps, depending on the action you want to take.
How to configure cookies?
Firefox has an option that allows you to configure the web pages so that you can choose whether or not you want to store cookie files. It is an easy process, you just have to follow the following instructions:
- Enter the search engine and click on the menu option.
- Then, you will see multiple sections, you must click on the one that says “options” and then on “privacy”.
- When you access the private section, several windows will appear. Here, you can press and mark with an X the option you want, either ACTIVATE or REJECT cookies.
- You must also choose the time that cookies will last activated, if applicable. You can choose between two options: set the expiration date or when Firefox closes.
- Click on “save changes” and that’s it.
How to block cookies from a website?
In case you want to block cookies from a website, you can do so by simply following the following steps:
- Go to the menu option and select the privacy section.
- Go directly to the “cookies and site data” section
- A box will appear where you must enter the exact address of the site you want to block.
- Make sure that the registered page is correct and click on “next”
- Then, you just have to click on “block” and to finish you click on “save changes”
How to clear all cookies?
If what you want is to delete the cookies that are already stored on your computer, you just have to follow these quick steps:
- Go to the initial tab of the search engine and click on the menu option.
- Subsequently, you must click on the “all history” section.
- When you see all the pages you have visited, you must click the button that says “clean”.
- You will quickly see a window that will ask you what you want to delete, be it cache, cookies or everything.
- Choose the option you want and press “clean now”, and that’s it.
By following each of the aforementioned steps, you will be able to correctly handle the cookies that are stored on your device and thus browse the internet calmly.