Tips for Safe Internet Surfing
Globalization has allowed thousands of users to connect in the same environment, which has brought multiple benefits to society. However, it is necessary that you comply with a series of steps so that you can safely browse the internet and not be a victim of existing threats on the web. Take a look at our article and find out about the risks that you can find in this network and what to do to avoid them.
Risks on the Internet
It is normal that many people are not aware of the dangers that can be found on the Internet, if you do not navigate with caution. While this global network brings great benefits to consumers and allows them to study, work and play, it can also cause problems if you do not take some security measures.
It is possible that daily you visit thousands of internet pages, make purchases, play games, download movies and songs, enter social networks and exchange emails with acquaintances. Therefore, you must be aware of any strange movement or irregularity that occurs, since by supplying personal data you may experience threats within the web.
In this sense, it is advisable to have adequate habits when browsing, so that you can receive the benefits that the internet provides and carry out your activities in a calm and safe way.
What are the main threats that can occur on the internet?
It is clear that the Internet came to revolutionize people’s lives, but just as it has its advantages, it also has a dark side. For example, the main risks are:
- Malware: is a type of software that infiltrates your device to send spam, steal information, look through the camera and erase data.
- Phishing: this is the simplest way that cybercriminals use to obtain your personal information through false messages, notifications and emails.
- Spam: in addition to being annoying, some of these notifications may contain malicious files.
- Threats and manipulation: through the internet you can suffer from blackmail. Typically, malicious people collect photos and personal data to ask for money in exchange for not spreading anything.
- Harassment: Harassment is the most common harassment on social media. Many adolescents and adults suffer from cyberbullying on a daily basis.
- Trojan: the Trojan is that program that is hosted on computers and mobile devices through a WiFi network or local Internet, in order to obtain information.
Tips for safe surfing on the Internet
When you access the internet it is advisable that you take into account the following tips, which will help you to obtain a healthy, fun and beneficial experience while browsing the web:
- Try to install a good antivirus and update it constantly to ensure its operation.
- It is necessary that the operating system of your computer is up to date with the updates.
- Do not connect to any unknown WiFi network, be careful and make sure of the origin of the signal.
- Use passwords that are difficult to crack, don’t set the same one for all your networks and constantly renew them.
- Be careful with the emails you receive, even more so with those that are not verified.
- Avoid entering pages that direct you to pop-up tabs.
- Do not access suspicious links.
- Remember to close all sections when you finish using the computer.
- Don’t surf the web on unknown devices.
- Take care of the photos you post on social networks.
- Be very careful when downloading movies, videos or songs.
- Avoid suspicious pages with excessive advertising.
By following all these tips, you will be more secure and you will be able to enjoy the internet quietly, while you enter your favorite pages, communicate with your friends and work.